10.01.20

Hindsight is always 2020 - what I played 2019

Years ago I have started to write down all video games I beat, usually with a few remarks and sometimes if I think they are suited for kids.

2019 I have beaten about 50 games on the PC.
These numbers are only possible, because there are a lot of short indie games in there.

A shoutout to Yoku's Island Express, Shadow Tactics (not short!), Slay the Spire (also not short, but roguelike), Neon Chrome and Guacamelee 2 (normal length for an indie).
Worth a mention are Hellblade and The Sexy Brutale - I did not enjoy them that much, but I can appreciate quality when I see it.

On Nintendo Switch I have beaten around 10 games, my favorite was Valkyria Chronicles 4, my kid's favorite Luigi's Mansion 3 (closely followed by Yoshi's Crafted World). Lots of ' in this sentence.

At the start of last year I also beat Beyond: Two Souls on the PS3. My last game on PS3, I sold game and console afterward.

On the 3DS I beat 4 games, including Pokemon Ultra Moon in January, which will be the last Pokémon game for some time. (Much more on that later).
Also Sushi Striker, which I got for 5€ but did enjoy surprisingly a lot.

The games I played most in 2019 are Fire Emblem Three Houses (not beaten yet, I have only 2,5 of 4 routes completed, more on that later), Smash Ultimate Bros (almost beaten) and My Time at Portia (clearly very long, but hard to say yet how long). I probably also played a lot of Witcher 3.
Also I played a lot of Assassin's Creed Origins (because it is long and grindy, but besides that it is decent), Valkyria Chronicles 4 (because I did everything on higher difficulty, unlocked all extra scenes etc) and Slay the Spire (because it is great and I beat the secret boss with all 3 characters). And now there is a fourth character!

What is in my backlog?
Besides beating those games mentioned I already started, I have also started Soul Calibur VI and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
I might beat Yakuza Kiwami (not sure if I will get into it), Cross Code and Undertale  (started, but took a long break), I will start Kingdom Come after beating Witcher (not sure if I will like it).
On the switch there are Astral Chain and Tales of Vesperia waiting, and Bloodstained to finish.
On 3DS there is Yokai Watch and SMT: Strange journey to finish and Dragon Quest VII to start. I do not plan to get any more 3DS games.

What am I planing to get in 2020?
Well, if I beat most of those games now mentioned, I am looking forward to eventually play NieR, Outer Worlds and Mega Man 11.

Have these numbers declines since I have kids?
Yes. But due to the rise of indies, bundles and DLC which inlclude only a few short levels not that much.
Also I have stopped to replay really good games one or two years later as I used to.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen